CEFA FAS (Flight Animation System): the high-end flight data animation software
Comprehensive understanding of flights & highly detailed flight visualization
CEFA FAS (Flight Animation System) is a proven, advanced, flight-data animation software that can run as a stand-alone solution by reading raw binary data from flight recorders or by interfacing with most of the available Flight Data Monitoring or Analysis software on the market.
It is advantagously used in the area of flight data analysis and pilot training:
- to validate and investigate FOQA events
- to investigate aircraft incidents or accidents
- to raise leadership and pilots awareness to safety concerns
- to train line pilots by sharing lived experiences or for (tricky) airport familiarization
- to deal with manufacturers and authorities
- to produce animations videos that can be replayed on any mobile device and PC
In just a few clicks of a mouse, it takes flight data and turns it into meaningful information that everyone can easily understand and use. CEFA FAS instantly shows each moment in an aircraft’s flight, and thus provides a clear, precise image of the complex chain of events that occur during an incident or an accident – without compromise, assumption or any imagined interpretation.
With its advanced and innovative features, it is also widely used for communication and pilot training needs through experience feedback.
What do airlines, clients of CEFA Aviation, say about using CEFA FAS? Read some opinions about our CEFA FAS (Flight Animation System) sogftware from an airline point of view.
What are the benefits of flight data animation from an airline perspective? Get our free white paper to know everything about animating flights from an airline perspective!
Why is it useful for aircraft incident and plane accidents investigation bureaus and authorities to use flight data animation, especially with the functionalities of our software CEFA FAS? Read testimonials about CEFA FAS used for investigation purposes!
(Flight Animation System)
Features & technology summary
Overview of our flight data animation functionalities & modules
- More than 30 types of cockpit representations, including customer-selected avionics displays and controls: from turboprops like ATR 42/72 and Dash 8 to the newest generation of aircraft like Airbus A320 neo, A350, Bombardier CRJ, Embraer E-Jet E2 and Boeing 737 MAX and 787
- Automatic panoramic display across 1 up to 3 screens
- Very realistic image display of instruments with zoom/positioning
- Cockpit layout change
- Possibility to display animated hands to highlight possible crew actions
- Interior/exterior views and multiple cameras
- Highly-realistic A/C model with animated flight controls and airline livery
- Weather condition reconstruction from METAR information
- Flight path /ILS cone
- Multiple aircraft/trajectory capabilities
- Google Earth export
- Fully-animated control surfaces (flaps/slats, spoilers, landing gears etc.)
- Loading high-resolution topographical and satellite-imagery data
- Animated text editor (CVR transcript, airline procedures, commentaries etc.)
2D plan & profile views
- Automatic Flight path adjustment
- Toolkit for manual flight path adjustment
- Distance calculation
Navigation chart viewer:
- Automatic Flight path overlay
- Chart Import wizard for easy geo-referencing
Montage station and video recording (produce an animation in just a few clicks)
- Toolkit for creating complex animation sequences
- Integrated Video recorder (DivX, H264, WMV9 etc.)
- Plotting Module for flight parameter plotting/spreadsheet
- Integrated audio alarm generator ( GPWS, TCAS etc.)
- Import and replay of synchronize external audio files (CVR, Commentaries, etc.)
- Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Windows XP