An independent company with 18 years of expertise in flight data animation & FOQA
Reach for flight safety & pilot training excellence
CEFA Aviation enhances pilot training and flight safety by developing world-leading 3D animation software and services. The innovative solutions developed by its experts recreate flights with high detail and accuracy based on data from aircraft flight recorders.
More than 80 major and regional airlines, cargo operators and investigative authorities on five continents are using the core software of the company, CEFA FAS (Flight Animation System) for pilot training and safety analysis. Cockpit representations, including customer-selected avionics displays and controls, are available for numerous types of commercial aircraft, from turboprops like ATR 42/72 and Dash 8 to the newest generation of aircraft like Airbus A320 neo, A350, Bombardier CSeries, Embraer E-Jet E2 and Boeing 737 MAX and 787. CEFA FAS shows each moment of a flight – from inside the cockpit and outside using real-world terrain, weather and “stealth” aircraft views – providing a clear image of the complex chain of events that occurs during a selected flight sequence.
CEFA Aviation flight data animation helps pilots, aircraft operators, investigators and regulators:
- Enhance situational awareness;
- Understand and validate events identified by Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) and Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) teams;
- Investigate aircraft incidents or accidents;
- Raise flight crew and airline leadership awareness to safety issues and trends;
- Adjust standard operating procedures (SOPs) for improved safety, fuel consumption and maintenance;
- Refine understanding for aircraft and avionics designers and manufacturers.
Translating flight data into precise animation requires in-depth understanding of the complexity of aircraft systems and software engineering.
CEFA Aviation has been a pioneer in easy-to-use flight data animation since Dominique Mineo founded the company in 2000. Its long-lasting success is attributable to a passion for aviation and innovation, listening to its clients, and delivering gold-standard support. The CEFA Aviation team is headquartered in the Alsace region of France.
Discover the company in video (French):